Supporting our Community
A life-long resident of Erie County, Scott Bonnell cares deeply about this area and its people.
Scott and his employees regularly volunteer of their time, talents and treasures to help make the Erie area an even better place to live and work. The four business that make up the Bonnell’s Auto Group are generous supporters of organizations that strengthen families and youth, especially those that share his strong Christian faith and values.
Safe Driving Tips
- Your safety and that of your family are extremely important. As a courtesy here are a few tips for safe driving around Erie County and northwest Pennsylvania.
- Distracted driving is the number one cause of accidents whether it’s texting or talking on your phone. Avoid these interruptions while driving, it’s not worth the risk of death or injury.
- For better visibility use low beams in fog and blowing snow.
- After sunny winter days be aware of black ice. Black ice occurs in patches and is usually hard to see.
- Deer generally travel in groups, if you see one slow down and scan both sides of the roadway for others.
- Keep your windows clear of snow and ice. Also regularly clean windows on the inside for better night vision.
- Change your windshield wipers every spring or fall. It’s better for the glass and you’ll be able to see better in heavy rain and snow storms.
- Maintain a safe distance when following others. Remember the rule of thumb is one car length for every 10 MPH of driving speed.
- Keep a bottle or two of water and non-perishable snacks in case you are stranded for any length of time. A working flashlight and a blanket are also a good idea.